SEASIDE, PRUNEDALE, MARINA, CARMEL VALLEY, CACHAGUA- A birthday spent with you!
May 14, 2022 - Had a full day of community, conversations, in depth policy discussions on how WE WILL make your Monterey County Sheriff's Office one we can all be confident is operationally competent (see links below).
Thank you to Chef Michael Jones who hosted us at Massa Estate Organic Vineyards and the welcoming staff there (Morgan, Samantha, K).
- In Seaside, a council member, a former mayor’s dear wife, a chief of police (other city) and you gathered at Trinity Park (see live post) and came away convinced we need change.
- In Prunedale, amazing artists, friendly neighbors, must try bbq (@Casa de Humo Barbecue).
- Marina’s Library friends put on every second Saturday a DadReads where a selected father reads to children amid an atmosphere of #buildingcommunity.
- Ended the day in Cachagua with prayer and fellowship with gracious hosts and humble friends who nourishined my soul with delicious homemade Oaxacan salsas and comida (food).
All that activity and one thing is clear, we have amazing communities and as your next Monterey Sheriff, I pledge to be present and a builder of community through collaboration and communication.
I would greatly appreciate your VOTE TINA!
Links to current news:
- Monterey County Grand Jury: PUBLIC SAFETY AT WHAT COST?
- KION NEWS "Grand Jury Finds Jail At Fault; Escapes/Deaths"
- 5/16/2022 https://mscpublicwebsiteprd.blob.core.windows.net/publicwebsiteprd/Report/Public%20Safety%20At%20What%20Cost%20Report.pdf
- KION: https://kion546.com/news/2022/05/14/grand-jury-report-finds-monterey-county-jail-lacks-proper-surveillance-staffing-and-funding/
- Weekly https://www.montereycountyweekly.com/opinion/local_spin/a-crisis-of-deaths-by-suicide-continues-to-plague-the-monterey-county-jail/article_48501de2-d161-11ec-af37-b318b7805348.html
- Voices of Monterey Bay
- 5/5 Monterey Herald: Monterey County stops paying defense costs for sheriff candidate Joe Moses
- 4/15 Monterey Herald: Court rules against Monterey County sheriff candidate Joe Moses
- 4/15 Monterey Herald: Fees questioned in lawsuit against Monterey County sheriff candidate
- Voices of Monterey Bay: Monterey County stops paying legal fees for sheriff’s top brass
- Voices of Monterey Bay: Sheriff’s candidate loses appellate fight
- Monterey Weekly Candidate Info/Endorsement
Do you like this page?